Remember when I turned 25?!
Holy moly, that’s today! I can’t believe it!
Beyond just NEEDTOBREATHE releasing their new album today, I have so many things to be thankful for… I am so incredibly blessed with amazing family and friends and this life journey God’s taking me on. Phew. So thankful.
24 things about the year I was 24:
- I ran my first marathon.
- I had emergency surgery.
- I spent Thanksgiving in sweatpants without an appetite. Thanks surgery.
- I met some GREAT new friends.
- I broke a bone. For the first time.
- I beat my PR time for a half marathon. On my own, on the trails.
- I had my heart hurt and built it up stronger than before.
- I went to more Reds games than the total of the rest of the years of my life combined.
- I bought my own car for the first time.
- I ate a pickled beat. That one still stands out in my head. Not what I thought and not something I want to continue to eat. Sorry mom.
- Applied to and visited Clemson and still am living in Ohio.
- Went to Charleston, SC for the first time. Thanks Shanks fam.
- Visited Nashville for the first time.
- Finished my first year of graduate school.
- Volunteered for the first time (hopefully not the last) at The Ronald McDonald House. Loved it.
- Got a raise @ work!
- Took my first trip for work.
- Visited Atlantic City for the first time.
- Played my first slot machine.
- Attended Financial Peace University.
- Started a volunteer position with an organization that I attempted to start last year. And am finally in it to win it! 🙂
- Discovered Yogurt Mountain. Enough said.
- Began the discipline of memorizing scripture for the first time since I was a child (I mean actually making an effort…).
- Cried and laughed with, yelled at, questioned and worshiped God in the newest ways I never expected.
He is good. Trust in Him. Know that all is well. Say “God is good. God is good.” Just leave in His Hands the present and the future, knowing only that He is good. He can bring order out of chaos, good out of evil, peace out of turmoil. God is good.
I and My Father are one. One in desire to do good. For God to do good to His children is for Him to share His goodness with them. God is good, anxious to share His goodness, and good things, with you and He will do this.
Trust and be not afraid.