I have a delicious treat for you! No chit-chat, just straight up:
Black Bean Burgers [My recipe]
- 1 can black beans (16 oz)
- 1/2 C chopped (roughly) peppers
- 1/2 C chopped (large pieces) onions (~1/4 of the onion)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 T ground cumin
- 1/2 T chili powder
- 1/4 C sprouts
- 1/2 C oats
- 3/4 C ground fiber cereal of your choice (I use Fiber One twiggy cereal)
- Rinse can of beans and let dry. To speed up drying, place on baking sheet in oven and turn on to 350 and take out once beans are dry.
- In food processor, add peppers, onion and garlic until chopped into small pieces.
- Smash the beans in a bowl with a fork. Leave some large bean pieces; add pepper/onion/garlic mix. Add sprouts and mix well.
- Mix together eggs, cumin and chili powder and stir into the bean mixture.
- Add oats and cereal until mixture holds together.
- Measure by the 1/2 cup and flatten onto wax paper.