During my last year in college our school started offering a class a couple of times a week called TurboKick. I had never heard of the dang thing but started to do and fell in love. Now, I’m considering becoming a certified Turbokick instructor!
In TRX the other day our instructor was discussing her love for kickboxing and I kind of started to miss my ole pal (kickboxing). Then today as I was reading a great post (written by Bess – check it out!) I was again inspired to reconnect with my pal. So, today after a long day of work and class I skipped the gym and came home for a little kickboxing Tabata-style home workout! Check it out!
Kickboxing Tabata Style
- repeat each move for 20 seconds and rest for 10 seconds*; repeat 8 times
- * for these moves make the rest periods easy work periods by doing either high knees (HK) or jumping jacks (JJ)!
- uppercuts (alternating arms), HK
- high forward kicks (alternating legs), JJ
- floor jacks
- front punches (alternating arms), HK
- squats, JJ
- speed bag (switch sides each 20 sec interval for a total of 4/side), HK
- mountain climbers
- shoulder taps
- scissor kicks
By the time I reached the mountain climbers I was pooped. And super sweaty. But don’t stop moving! Even if you’re barely lifting those legs, lift them! Just keep on going!