Or in your living room. Your kitchen? Family room? Back yard. Bathroom?
Wherever you are most comfortable in your home! I like doing these moves at home!
Today, I am recovering from some sort of stomach bug which has left me feeling nauseous (try trail running when you feel like you could throw up at any second!), hanging out in the restroom, and laying awake at night. While I feel much better today, I didn’t think a full-out workout of any sort would be a good idea.
So, I stayed home with the Reds vs. Cubs game on TV and did the following:
*You will need a chair and dumbbells, if you wish.
Circuit 1 – 3 sets of 12 reps each
- Triceps dips on chair
- Step ups (step up 12 on one side then switch legs; don’t alternate legs)
Circuit 2 – 3 sets of 30 seconds each
- mountain climbers
- plank (either forearm or hands)
Circuit 3 – 3 sets of 12 reps each
- pushups on chair
- chair squats (use the chair to guide how far down you squat; your butt should barely touch the seat before you come back up)
Circuit 4 – 3 sets of 30 seconds each
- floor jacks
- russian twist (with dumbbell)
Circuit 5 – 3 sets of 12 reps each
- double arm triceps kick-back
- alternating lunge (12 each side = 24 total)
Circuit 6 – 3 sets of 30 seconds each
- chair jumps (box jump using chair)
- modification: squat jumps (medium modification) or rapid squats (easier modification)
- elevated plank (feet on chair)
Circuit 7 – 3 sets of 12 reps each
- single leg dumbbell row (r)
- single arm dumbbell swing (r)
- single leg dumbbell row (l)
- single arm dumbbell swing (l)
Circuit 8 – 3 sets of 30 seconds each
- jumping jacks
- bicycle crunches
– I purposely didn’t include any burpees. I’m sick of burpees… We do them in TRX all the time. If you feel like adding an additional challenge, go ahead and do some burpees!
– You can do all of the circuits or mix and match. The odd number circuits are more strength-focused while the even number circuits are cardio-focused.
– The entire workout takes between 30-45 minutes; feel free to do it twice or even three times!