Do you like the addition of “fantastic” to this week’s Friday Faves? I do.
Here are some things to get your weekend off to a fantastic start:
1. I must apologize for my lack of posts. I just have had nothing to write about… I mean, I’ve had lots to write about but nothing anyone here wants to hear about, I’m sure!
2. These Olympic portraits are hysterical… One of my personal favorites:
3. Yesterday, I wrote the author of the “On Fire” Fast Movement blog and she wrote me back within an hour. And her email was personal and encouraging. What’s great about this is she’s also the author of a recent book I finished and loved, Pure Heart: A Woman’s Guide to Sexual Integrity. It is fantastic. And much more than you are probably thinking. Shellie writes in such a friendly tone it’s like you are dialoguing. She is challenging and encouraging and just speaks truths that many seem to shy away from. I would suggest this book and her blog!
4. I love the 4th of July. More than you know. In college we celebrated the 4th of July in March or April. I forget the month but I just know it was the best dang ‘Merica party anyone could ever throw!
6. And this:
7. Yesterday, I hung out with my best friend. We live 2 hours apart so we met in the middle, in Richmond, Indiana. Who knew Richmond could be such a good time?!
Jess looked up a reservoir that was in the city and we met there. On their website it said they have hiking trails. Well… we asked where they were and the guy said they didn’t have any. The lady pointed us to one. This hiking trail probably hasn’t been used in a long time and we couldn’t make it very far… So, thankful for smartphones, we found a place that rented bikes by the Cardinal Greenway (an incredible bike path) and hopped on two and found a new adventure than what we had planned!
Happy weekend, friends!