This is a good workout to do at home, as it’s essentially without, but dumbbells are recommended. The workout is a great cardio go-to but also is pretty booty-intensive. Make sure to focus on form during the 20 second intervals, as it’s easy to forget when you’re doing it for such a short period of time.
Here’s how the workout works:
Do the pairs of exercises (alternating between each) for 16 rounds of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off.
Do the single ab exercise for a single tabata (20 seconds on, 10 off for 8 rounds = 4 minutes).
NO REST INBETWEEN! In tabata style workouts you are getting breaks after each 20 second work interval. You don’t need to add extra rest, as the ab circuit is used as active recovery.
- floor jacks
- jumping jacks
- russian twist (with or without dumbbell)
- squat (I added a dumbbell swing; this is optional)
- full plank
- step-ups (onto table or chair, step or stool – whatever you have) right leg
- step-ups left leg
- side leg lift obliques (put one leg on top of a table or chair and the other stacked underneath. holding a side-plank, lift the underneath foot up and down, touching the floor then table, floor, table, repeat.
- forward lunge, one leg, with biceps curl (with or without dumbbells)
- square hops (jump both feet at the same time in the shape of a square; switch up the direction or which corner you jump to and from)
Total time: 44 minutes
It’s best if you do this watching Lie to Me or Breaking Bad on Netflix. I mean, that’s at least what I found to be most beneficial! 🙂