It has been awhile since I’ve posted. Especially about fitness! I have lots of new and exciting things happening in my life in regards to fitness, currently:
1. I started boxing! I don’t know how many times I’ve gone now, maybe 10, but I do know I haven’t missed a Monday class, have added a sporadic other day class a few times and don’t plan on stopping anytime soon! It’s such a rush and makes me feel strong and powerful. Plus, I needed a change-up in my workout.
2. I ran a half marathon in Atlanta. This is the farthest away I’ve ever run. I loved it. That makes 5 states. Only 45 more to go.
3. A friend from the gym has convinced me to do a triathlon. I signed up tonight. Oh brother, I am not a swimmer. One time in college I did what was called “Swim Across Indiana” with a team of 5 others. We had to all swim the distance of Indiana (total as a team). In the pool. I got a terrible ear infection and called it quits. It was terrible. But this guy, he’s convincing. He took away all my excuses. So here I am, signed up for a July triathlon. Aye.
4. I signed up for an online personal training study course so I can finally be certified! About diggity-dang time! Now I just need to actually getting to studying!
5. Running the first Nike Women’s Half in DC at the end of the month!
6. My heart and prayers go out to all those involved with the Boston Marathon bombings today. Much prayer and love. May God do mighty works through this tragedy.
Looking for a May fitness challenges! Any ideas? Pushups? Plank? Speed?