Today was packed full of fun and not so fun stuff, but I was amazingly productive.
After getting up this morning and eating this:
After breakfast I spent almost 2 hours at Target. I picked up a bunch of things and put them back and ended up with just a few things. Good thing because I’m supposed to be saving money… Oops.
I came home and ate a bunch of random stuff: carrot chips (try them.), string cheese, a couple tangerines, some almonds, a bite of ice cream on a vanilla wafer, a bite of cake, and a pickle. I’m sure there were other things too. Nothing sounded good for lunch so I just kept eating things as I did this:
A whole lot of school work while getting a bit of sun. My body needed the color, but it wasn’t as successful as I had hoped. I did accomplish a lot in those 2.5 hours, for school, however.
During my time outside, I almost drank a whole pitcher of pomegranate Arizona tea…
Before going to the gym, I had a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios with chocolate Almond Milk! Mmm!
I went to the gym and hit the weights… after running a mile!! I know I’m probably still not supposed to be running, but I just had to try it on the treadmill. It wasn’t the prettiest thing to see, and not the easiest. But, I accomplished 1 mile in 9:17… Good enough for now! Baby steps…
I then shopped around random stores for a bit while drinking this…
..and then came home and cooked and baked and cleaned. I made some baked, crispy zucchini slices and some baked onion rings (both coated with Fiber One cereal and corn meal). As I ate those, I made granola, hummus and caramel corn.
- 2 C Trader Joe’s hot cereal (or oats)
- 2 pre-packaged hot cereal packets (I used Abundance apples and cinnamon; this is prepackaged with sugar, so add sugar if your packets are not.) or 2 more cups oats
- Seeds and nuts of choice (I used sunflower seeds, walnut pieces and almond slivers)
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1/4 C honey
- 3 T olive oil
- 1/4 C crunchy peanut butter
- Lemon zest
- Orange zest
- 1/2 the juice of an orange
- 2-4 T coconut
- 15 ounce can Garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed) * SAVE THE “JUICE!!!”
- 1/4 C juice from beans
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 t salt
- pepper to taste
- a lot of popcorn (I’m not sure how much I used, somewhere around 2 cups unpopped)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C Karo Syrup
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 t vanilla
- 1/2 t baking soda